Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Nexus 5548P Routing

All,

I have a pair of 5548P switches with the L3 daughter cards installed.  Using the base license as I just need RIP routing.  I have the two switches setup and have the RIP routing feature enabled.  When I "turn on" routing using RIP I do not get any routes from my existing L3 switch (3750).  I probably don't have routing setup correctly.  With the 3750 IOS, I just turned on RIP with the router rip command and added a couple of network statements.  On the nexus I have run router rip {instance} and left it at that.  I am not getting any routes from my 3750.  The 5548s are using the management ports and are connected to my existing network with L2 trunks.  Does anyone know of a setup guide for RIP?  I have used the Nexus 7000 RIP guide but still can't get it to work.

Thanks,

Ken

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Nexus 5548P Routing

Greetings Ken,

You need to add the relevant interfaces (probably SVIs) to your RIP instance using the 'ip router rip ' statement in config-if mode. This per-interface config is similar to 'network' config lines used in IOS. Here's a link to the RIP section of the Unicast Routing Configuration Guide for Nexus 5000 for further details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5000/sw/unicast/5_0_3_N1_1/l3_rip.html

Cheers,

/Phil

2 REPLIES
Silver

Nexus 5548P Routing

Greetings Ken,

You need to add the relevant interfaces (probably SVIs) to your RIP instance using the 'ip router rip ' statement in config-if mode. This per-interface config is similar to 'network' config lines used in IOS. Here's a link to the RIP section of the Unicast Routing Configuration Guide for Nexus 5000 for further details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5000/sw/unicast/5_0_3_N1_1/l3_rip.html

Cheers,

/Phil

Nexus 5548P Routing

Thanks Phil,

That is what I needed.  I didn't know that you needed to apply the instance to the interfaces.  I appreciate the help and the link.

Ken

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content