Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Nexus 5k Scheduled Reload

Hi,

Is there a command similar to "reload in" for Nexus 5k and 3k.

I have been searching, but couldnt find, hence thought of asking the expert community here.

Thanks

• LAN Switching and Routing
Everyone's tags (5)
17 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Nexus 5k Scheduled Reload

Hi Kishore,

The Reload in option was removed in NX-OS as we have checkpoint option. Mostly we use reload in option, if we need to back out any configurations and reset the box to original state. If this is what you are trying, you can achieve this with the checkpoint and rollback options.

Below link for your reference,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/5_x/nx-os/system_management/configuration/guide/sm_7rollback.html

Thanks,

Richard

*Rate if this useful

Hi Richard, Are you able to

Hi Richard,

Are you able to elaborate on your answer, from my understanding the 'rollback' cmd has to be executed from the cli. 

One of the benefits of the 'reload in x' cmd would it would ensure the device would return to an original state when you locked yourself out. 

Thanks.

John

Cisco Employee

I dont believe any NXOS

I dont believe any NXOS platform does this. I will raise an enhancement for this. Having it will not cause any harm.

Richard

Any update on this?  Has the

Any update on this?  Has the feature been added back in?  The lack of "reload in" makes the Nexus switch a truly useless product for remote administration.  I'm about to have to travel overseas because we've got a remote issue with the ip tables, but the troubleshooting might potentially disconnect the switch from US network.  I used to be able to "reload in 30" after everyone went home, make the changes and cancel the reload if it worked or wait 30 and get back in if it didn't.  Now I have to go physically sit there.  It's a waste of time an money.

Wow...I just ran up against

Wow...

I just ran up against this. I can work around it so far, but never mind that... This is a feature I use all the time in automation and for some risky or remote changes.

Why would this function be

Why would this function be removed? It has only been around for 20 years, whoever made the decision to remove it should be blackballed from the entire technology field.

I missed the reload in

I missed the reload in function from NX-OS so I found a way to do it using a simple python script.  It is sometimes a  challenge to manage a remote Nexus without the "safety net" that the pre-scheduled reload provides.

The attached file will create a python scripts called reload.  It needs to be in bootflash:/scripts directory.  The attached file tries to help create the directory if needed and place the script there. 

You can run it with:

source background reload in xx

source reload cancel

I didn't build logic for 'reload at' form of the command.  I only really ever needed the 'in' form of the command.

Clinton,

Clinton,

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It works perfectly and really saved me while doing some remote work that could have screwed me without this.

-Troy

Hi Troy,

Hi Troy,

Thanks for letting me know it helped you out!  It gives me incentive to share more stuff!

-Clinton

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.