cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7010 dual Sup ISSU

Devavrat Oka
Level 1
Level 1

I have to upgrade a Nexus 7010 with dual Sup engines from 4.2(4) to 5.2 and am hoping it could be an ISSU.

We are fine with an outage window.

To upgrade from 4.2(4) to 5.2(5) I'll have to do a multi hop upgrade from 4.2(4) - 4.2(6) - 5.2(5) and each hop would take 40-60 minutes.

My question is - do I spend 40-60 minutes for each hop, or just do a disruptive upgrade straight from 4.2(4) to 5.2(5)? Like I said, we are fine with an outage window.

Also, any recommendations/advice for ISSU from 4.2(4) - 4.2(6) - 5.2(5)?

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since you have to go from ver 4 to 5 using ISSU will take a long time (almost 2 hours).  Since you can have an outage window, copy the image, verify it and reload the device. It is just faster and easier.

That is just my opinion.

Good Luck

HTH

ISSU from 4.2(4) to 5.2(X) is not supported. You can reload the box for the upgrade.

However, if you want to do ISSU, your approach is correct, upgrade from 4.2(4) -> 4.2(6) -> 5.2(5).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/5_x/nx-os/release/notes/52_nx-os_release_note.html#wp423588

Regards,

jerry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card