cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7010 OSPF "passive-interface default" not showing

Ryan Curry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I'm currently working on a plan to migrate our 6500's over to our new 7010's.  At the time of the migration I want to tighten up our OSPF design and configure OSPF for "passive-interface default" then allow only those interfaces that should have OSPF neighbors to send the hellos.  The issue is that the command is not showing up under the OSPF process.  What's even more interesting is that the Nexus 5.x Unicast Routing Configuration Guide shows that the "passive-interface default" command should be an option to enter.

I'm currently running version 5.1(4) (though looking to upgrade to 5.2 during my migration testing) if that helps at all.  I would rather configure the passive-interface via the routing process versus having to enter it on every interface.

Thanks all!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

It apears that this command starts in 5.2(1)

5.2(1)

This command was introduced.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/6_x/nx-os/unicast/command/reference/l3_cmds_p.html#wp1551482

HTH

LMAO, I'm an idiot -- I didn't even think it would be an "added feature".  Oh well, this helps immensely, thank you Reza.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card