Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7018 CMP port speed

Bruce Summers
Level 1
Level 1

Hey folks,

new to Nexus...just got ours online...trying to connect a 100mb interface to the CMP port for lights out mgmt...However, it appears it only runs at 1gb...

is that the case?  can i not set the speed to 100mb?

running v4.2.3 NX-OS...

any help would be appreciated...

thanks

bruce

4 Replies 4

Bruce,

The CMP is capable of working in both 100Mbps and 1000Mbps, there is no configuration needed here, it should just auto negotiate.  When running it in 100Mbps you do need to keep an eye out for CSCtg83771 though.

Chris

Thank you Chris...

I'm going to attempt to hard code to 100mbps full on the 2811 and see if this will force the cmp to run at 100mbps...

It is negotiating, but I'm not able to ping or ssh to it...not sure what that is about...

Thanks

bruce

Does your 2811 see the N7K CMPs (presuming our N7K has two sups) in the output of show cdp neighbors? (As this will confirm if the CMP is alive or not).

If you do not see it in show cdp neighbors, you may want to give the CMP a reload (reload cmp module <#>).

Let me know how it goes.

Chris

Chris,

That is precisely what we did...Apparently the bug you reference (CSCtg83771) is the problem...We're running 4.2.3 code and after reloading the CMP interface, all is functional again...

I did note however, if you disconnect the interface on either the device side or the switch side, the CMP has to be reloaded...I don't know if that's part of the bug or not, but that was one of the continuing symptoms I see...

Upgrading to 5.0.2a tomorrow...

Bruce

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card