Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Nexus 7K - F2E MACSEC Support

Do the F2E cards in the 7K currently have MACSEC support on both hardware and software?

I'm fairly certain they at least have hardware support on an 8 port subset.  I've been told by a Cisco partner that it is fully supported on F2E but this (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/6_x/nx-os/release/notes/62_nx-os_release_note.html
) NX-OS 6.2 doc claims there is still no software support.

Does anyone have any realworld experience with MACSEC on F2E or know definitively if/when it will be fully supported?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cannot implement MACSEC as of 6.2.(2), ran into the limitation and am currently trying to workaround with "M" ports but keep running into other little surprises. Adding an M port to a vdc changes all F2e ports to layer 2 only, this killed my L3 port-channel to my OTV vdc, no biggie I thought and just created a p2p vlan and brough my IGP right up, only to find that you can't use a svi as your join interface - ethernet or port-channel (L3) only so far.

2 REPLIES

Cannot implement MACSEC as of 6.2.(2), ran into the limitation and am currently trying to workaround with "M" ports but keep running into other little surprises. Adding an M port to a vdc changes all F2e ports to layer 2 only, this killed my L3 port-channel to my OTV vdc, no biggie I thought and just created a p2p vlan and brough my IGP right up, only to find that you can't use a svi as your join interface - ethernet or port-channel (L3) only so far.

Update: After installing 6.2.

Update: After installing 6.2.(6) we are successfully running MACSEC on the last 8 ports of F2E cards.

Views
Helpful
Replies