cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Nexus 7K Upgrade EPLD

Hy guys,

we will upgrade a Nexus 7010 soon from 5.2(7) to 6.2(8a), altrough we have only one SUP1 we will use the install all script to  some extra checks and the bios upgrade,

we have 3 M1 modules on the boxes, so they might have to be EPLD upgraded (cant find clear info about that), nevertheless after the upgrade if we would have to perform a EPLD upgrade, the question is  how long could it take?

Also i think its ok to use paralel option on these older i/o modules right?

thx in advance

regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

Hi,Most of the time it is not

Hi,

Most of the time it is not necessary to upgrade EPLD specially if you are not running any fancy features and since it is disruptive .  I know I upgraded EPLD once when we went from sup-1 to to sup-2e. 

Also, here is a link that shows when you need to upgrade:

have a look at table-2

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/6_x/epld/epld_rn_62.html#53196

HTH

3 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Hi,Yes, parallel upgrade is

Hi,

Yes, parallel upgrade is supported starting 5.2(1). As for how long would it take, if you have one or 2 hours of outage window you should be fine.

HTH

Community Member

Hi Reza, thanks for the promp

Hi Reza, thanks for the promp reply,

thats the problem i dont have sutch big window

so the question will be if its really necessary to upgrade EPLD on the 3 M1 modules and SUP1..

we are not running any fancy features, only vpc, on the chassis we have

N7K-M148GS-11, N7K-M132XP-12, N7K-M148GT-11, moving from 5.2(7) to 6.2(8a)

would it be really necessary to upgrade the modules?

cant find any documentacion that indicates that it would be mandatory or at least advantageous to do so..

also could u confirm that the correct EPLD image for system image 6.2(8a) would be n7000-s1-epld.6.2.8.img bootflash:n7000-s1-epld.6.2.8.img?

thanks in advance mate!

VIP Super Bronze

Hi,Most of the time it is not

Hi,

Most of the time it is not necessary to upgrade EPLD specially if you are not running any fancy features and since it is disruptive .  I know I upgraded EPLD once when we went from sup-1 to to sup-2e. 

Also, here is a link that shows when you need to upgrade:

have a look at table-2

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/6_x/epld/epld_rn_62.html#53196

HTH

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content