Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus VPC & layer-3

Hii,

I am bit confused with Nexus Vpc Layer -3 issue!!..Really need a help on it.Let me explain my scenario.I have 2 nexus 7k connecting to a pair of N5k with a double sided VPC.Now i have a router connected to access port of N5k and need a EIGRP neighbor ship with both N7k.It is single broadcast segment.The N7k 1 & 2 will have SVI s with same subnet as that of router.Above the N7k it will be only layer 3 links connected with no VPC.

So i need to know whether this  scenario work with a router connected to N5k to  form a routing protocol neighbor ship with the N7k on  a VPC and reach the other destination above N7k on pure Layer 3.

Thanks in Advance….

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Bronze

Re: Nexus VPC & layer-3

It should form adjancency as long as you have a trunk allowing Vlan 50 from the N7K to the N5K or an access vlan on both devices with Vlan 50.

The same goes for the attached router. Everyone must be under the same Vlan.

Regards,

Edison

Hii,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes you are right...But there is catch in  the Nexus VPC and layer 3 interaction.It says that for a layer 3 routing with VPC,the layer 3 device should be hooked directly on to the N7k on seperate L3 interfaces.The loop avoidance trick on VPC actually cause the routing packets to drop.

Regards...

Hi ,

Please take a look for vpc best practices, hope it will help.

http://bock-bock.cisco.com/wiki_file/N7K:tech_resources:vpc/vPC_Best_Practices.doc

Regards

Syed.

Hii Syed,

There seems to be problem while opening the page.

Regards,

Roney

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content