Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Nexus7K 's F2E card Port-group

Hi

We have N7K-F248XP-25E in which interfcae 3/5 to 3/8 has been assigned to one VDC.

in which  we want to make one interface L2 and one port interface L3 but we are getting the below error...

ERROR: Ethernet3/7: requested config change not allowed

Can we L2 and L3 in same port-group ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

Yes, if your remove the M1

Yes, if your remove the M1 card, then you should be able to create a layer-3 interface.

HTH

10 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Hi,Can you try this command

Hi,

Can you try this command?

vdc limit-resource module-type f2e

and test again?

HTH

Hi  I am using F2E card with

Hi 

I am using F2E card with M1 card . is it possible to create L3 interfcae on F2E then ?

VIP Super Bronze

In the same VDC or separate

In the same VDC or separate VDC?

Both cards's interfaces in

Both cards's interfaces in same VDC

II have created four VDC in N7K. If i remove the M1 ports from one particulat VDC then would i able to make L3 interface on this VDC then ?

this is very important for us 

VIP Super Bronze

Yes, if your remove the M1

Yes, if your remove the M1 card, then you should be able to create a layer-3 interface.

HTH

Hi Reza Thanks for the helpIf

Hi Reza

Thanks for the help

If i am using F2E card as an L3 then is there any limitations ? we need to run the EIGRP on this F2E card

VIP Super Bronze

Hi,I have never use EIGRP on

Hi,

I have never use EIGRP on Nexus device, but it should work fine.  EIGRP is the function of the software and as long as the interface can do layer-3, you should be able to add it to EIGRP process.

HTH

VIP Super Bronze

from the data sheet:When

from the data sheet:

When deploying the Cisco Nexus 7000 F2e-Series Copper Module in a VDC together with the Cisco Nexus 7000 M-Series modules, the Cisco Nexus 7000 F2e-Series Copper Module will run in Layer 2-only mode, delegating all Layer 3 capabilities to the Cisco Nexus 7000 M-Series modules present in the VDC.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/nexus-7000-series-switches/data_sheet_c78-719524.html

HTH

Hi Reza Thanks for all your

Hi Reza 

Thanks for all your help.This is very critical to get to know this 

We have N7K-F248XP-25E  "Nexus 7000 F2-Series 48 Port 1/10G (SFP+) Enhanced"

F2E SFP Module , if i remove all the M1 interfaces from that VDC then would i able to use the F2E port as an L3 ?

in other VDC , port can be combined ?

Hi  I have allocated all the

Hi 

I have allocated all the F2E interfaces to one VDC but still i am not able to give the ip addressess to interface 

is there any feature in need to start ?

Views
Helpful
Replies