cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NM-ESW-16 & Cisco 2811 router compatability

jemorton
Level 1
Level 1

I have been looking up Documentation on the NM-ESW-16 module and the Doc's I've read indicated that it is compatible with the 2811 router but when I drill down and try to find specific examples of how to use this module, all I keep running into is doc's on this module being compatible with the 2600 and 3600 routers.

Does anyone know where I could find documentation on compatibility for this module or sample config?

My problem is, I have a 2811 router with a NME-16ES-1G-P that I'm able to create sub-interfaces (for vlans) off the Gig interfaces that connects to the backplane of the router (gig1/0) but with my 2811 with the NM-ESW-16 I can't create subinterfaces even though I question mark "?" my way through and it says I can. Code I'm using is

c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-5a.bin

I've attached an example.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 Replies 2

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

With the switch modules you have to create layer 3 SVI's like you would on any IOS layer switch like the 4506. Then apply the switchports vlans like you normally would.

Example

vlan database

vlan 2

name 192.168.2.0/24

Int vlan 2

ip address 192.168.2.254 255.255.255.0

Int g1/0

switchport access vlan 2

thank you! I will give it a try

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: