Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

no-cef on Port-Channel?

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out if I have a problem. I noticed that on a port-channel I have one of the two channeled interfaces has the command "no ip route-cache cef". There are two interfaces on one switch and two on the other, port channeled. CEF is enabled globally on the switch, so three of the four interfaces have it enabled by defulat. Likewise the port-channel config on each switch has it enabled by default.

Furthering the mystery, running the "sho cef interface brief" command show that the port channel on both sides is runnig CEF.

I do not see high cpu, nor any strange traffic/routing issues. But give the non-linear config I am concerned.

So my question to the experts, do I have a problem here??

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: no-cef on Port-Channel?

Hi

The port-channel settings apply to all interfaces within the port-channel but interface specific settings override port-channel settings. If the etherchannel has formed successfully then no i don't think you have a problem but for consistency i would take off the "no ip route-cache cef" command on the physcial interface unless you know of a very good reason not to.

HTH

Jon

Re: no-cef on Port-Channel?

Thanks Jon. I agree, I want to keep the config consistant so I'm going to remove that statement. Still no erros/issues on the port channel though.

Thanks for the reponse.

- TM

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content