Cisco Support Community
Community Member

No communications after reboot on WS-X6748-GE-TX ports

I really need help on this, I have two 6513 with 2 Supervisor 720 and 8 interface modules. The switches run in Hybrid Mode (CatOS 8.3(4) + IOS 12.2(17a)SX4).

After a switch reboot all servers come up and communicate if connected on a WS-X6548-GE-TX module but if a server is connected on WS-X6748-GE-TX module and the port is set to 100/full the server will not communicate until I do a port disable/enable. On the same module all ports configured as 1000/full work well also. Right after the reboot all such ports (100/full on WS-X6748-GE-TX) will result connected but I can?t see any mac address on them. The server interface it?s configured as 100/full and I have the same problem on different platforms (Intel-Microsoft, SUN, AS400, etc.).

I really hope someone can help me, Thanks in advance.

Re: No communications after reboot on WS-X6748-GE-TX ports

Sure you are waiting long enough after boot , these cards take a long time to boot . Just make sure when you do it again do a show mod and make sure the card is fully up at that point . If they are hardcoded on both ends don't know why you would have a problem . Have never seen that on a 6748 card . If you can't figure it out , it may be a hardwAre problem . Do you have portfast on those ports ?

Community Member

The 6513 switch has been powered up several houres before I realized that 25 servers were not communicating even though their interfaces resulted connected on the swith. I also do not have portfast on any module. One more information is that this problem happens on two 6513 switch on module 11 where the WS-X6748-GE-TX is installed.

Thanks for your help

Community Member

I have been experiencing the exact same problem on the 6509 platform using the same network modules - WS-X6748-GE-TX, Supervisor 720 and MSFC3 card. I am running Cat OS 8.4.1 on the switch and IOS 12.2.17a.SX4 on the MSFC. Twice we had to power down those 6509 and had to deal with this problem. I am now looking at converting these 6509 from Hybrid mode to Native mode because I have not yet find a solution but we don't have this problem on 6509 running Native mode with the same hardware configuration

CreatePlease to create content