Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Not able to allocate F2 Module Interfaces in a VDC

Hi,

I am new to Nexus Series. Today, I was going to configure two new Nexus 7018 Chassis. (Each containing 7 F2 Modules & one M XL Ethernet Line Card).

I had created a VDC & want to allocate all the Interfaces (including all from F2 & M XL Modules) in a single VDC. But after allocating, i observe that only Interfaces present in M XL Ethernet Line Cards are allocated in the VDC. On issuing command, "show vdc membership", it was still showing all interfaces of all F2 modules UNALLOCATED!!!

Next, I created another VDC & tried to allocate only F2 Module Interfaces in the same. But nothing happened. Still all F2 Interfaces showing in default VDC (VDC id : 0).

In any permutation & Combination, I am not able to see these F2 Interfaces (all filled with SFP-10G-SR) & not able to start the required Configuration.

Not even a Single Port from F2 Line Cards is being allocated in a VDC.

Am i missing some Basic Step? I couldn't find any important Step in any Cisco Config Guide which i may be missing.

Kindly help me. I am stuck in the very beginning.

FYI: Nexus 7018 OS version : 6.1 (2)

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

SO i have to give this command in VDC in order to enable F2 Interfaces in the same?

You need to run this command in Admin VDC.

After this, If i allocate F2 Interfaces, will they appear in the VDC?

yes

HTH

3 REPLIES

I found this:

To configure the line card type resource limit for a virtual device context (VDC), use the limit-resource module-typecommand. To revert to the default, use the no form of this command.

limit-resource module-type [f1 | f2 | m1 | m1x1| m2x1]

SO i have to give this command in VDC in order to enable F2 Interfaces in the same?

"limit-resource module-type  f2"

VIP Super Bronze

You need to run this command in Admin VDC.

yes

HTH

Thanks Reza

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content