Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to start css 11506 ,not able to take console also

i have css 11506 which was in the working condition few days before .because of maintanance work it was kept power off for 12 days .

And today when we started it it failed to boot ,we even cant get console.it is showing the led of each module is in blinkinng amber state .

The power indication is showing in ON state.

is there is any way we can troubleshoot  this problem as it seems a harware issue .

also the Bicolor status LED  showing in off condition

2 Replies 2

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

i have css 11506 which was in the working condition few days before .because of maintanance work it was kept power off for 12 days .

And today when we started it it failed to boot ,we even cant get console.it is showing the led of each module is in blinkinng amber state .

The power indication is showing in ON state.

is there is any way we can troubleshoot  this problem as it seems a harware issue .

also the Bicolor status LED  showing in off conditio

Hi ,

Check out the below link for on booting sequence of CSS

http://www.ciscosystems.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/css11500series/v8.20_v8.10/configuration/quick/guide/GetStart.html#wpxref34460

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

thanks,i had gone trough that document earlier while posting the issue.

by the way i found that was a hardware issue with SCM module .logged a call to cisco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card