Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Not getting IP address through Bridged Network

Here is the layout of my network.

Main office has wireless network (SSID: 101)

I have two WET200s, one in the main office, one in the garage next to the building.  I have the SSID as: 101Bridge

I have one WAP200 in the Garage with the SSID as: 101APGarage

The main office wireless network works fine, as does the WAP200 when I try it out inside the main office.

When I put the WAP200 in the Garage it connects but I am not getting an IP address.

I can connect to both the WET200s through my web interface, from my main office.  So I then know the bridge is working (I can access the WET200 from my main office, as well as the WAP200).

Why am I not getting an IP address when I use a wireless laptop in the garage?

2 REPLIES

Re: Not getting IP address through Bridged Network

I tried changing the default gateway from my cable modem to the ip address of the garage's wap200, still nothing.  Even with different AP I still get the same result so it's something to do with the bridge.

Re: Not getting IP address through Bridged Network

More info.  I put a wired switch behind the bridge in the garage.  Connected a laptop to it, still it didn't work UNTIL I changed the secondary DNS on the bridges to point to my ISP DNS server.

I then tried it wirelessly and still no luck.  I am not getting an IP address from an AP that is behind a wireless bridge.  What am I doing wrong?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content