Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ntp disable command doesn't work on 2960 and 3560

Hi all,

I'm configuring some 2960 and 3560 to sync to an NTP server.

I've succesfully managed to sync the switches to the NTP server but I would like the switches to use some specific ports to use for connecting to the server.

Now, according to the IOS SCG (I have 12.2 on my switches), it should be possible to diasble the NTP service at interface level using at inteface-config level:

ntp disable

I'm trying and trying but the command is simply not recognised.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Paolo

Everyone's tags (3)
5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: ntp disable command doesn't work on 2960 and 3560

Command to let NTP use a particular interface is "ntp server x.x.x.x source interface ".

My understanding is that source point to the interface IP address we want to use as source-stamp for the NTP messages sent by the switch. From the manual:

For interface, specify the interface from which to pick the IP source address.

Again from the manual:

ntp disable Disable NTP packets from being received on the interface. By default, all interfaces receive NTP packets.

It seems that this command doesn't exist.

Paolo

Silver

Hi,

According to the Command Lookup Tool, 'ntp disable' is only available on the following IOS trains:

12.2SR

12.2SX

12.4T

15.0S

15.1M&T

2960 and 3560 switches are running 12.2SE train.

Andras

Hi Andras,

thanks for your reply.

I've had a look at the comand lookup tool and it seems that according to it neither ntp server comand is available for those switches, while I have used that command to configur the ntp server. Maybe it's just me that doesn't understand how to sue the tool...

Both 3560 SCGs IOS Release 12.2(25)SEE and 12.2(55)SE I have mention the command.

Thanks again.

Paolo

Silver

You're absolutely right. I've submitted this information to the technical writers to correct the SCG documentations.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content