Views
Helpful
Replies

nv_done: unable to open "flash:/multiple-fs.new"[OK] on cisco WS-CBS3130X-S-F

dattx_fis2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've got a new Cisco Catalyst WS-CBS3130X-S for Dell PowerEdge M1000e blade. When I save configuration by both command "write mem" and "copy run start" I got these:

Building configuration...

nv_done: unable to open "flash:/config.text.new"
nv_done: unable to open "flash:/private-config.text.new"
nv_done: unable to open "flash:/multiple-fs.new"[OK]

show flash

Directory of flash:/

%Error opening flash:/ (Invalid argument)

No space information available

I checked in Software Bug Toolkit ID CSCsq26410 but it seems not be able to help me because I dont use Stacking and my IOS is version 12.2(50)SE3 (cbs31x0-universal-mz.122-50.SE3.bin)

Is there any suggestion?

Thanks in advanced!

9 Replies 9

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I've got a new Cisco Catalyst WS-CBS3130X-S for Dell PowerEdge M1000e blade. When I save configuration by both command "write mem" and "copy run start" I got these:

Building configuration...

nv_done: unable to open "flash:/config.text.new"
nv_done: unable to open "flash:/private-config.text.new"
nv_done: unable to open "flash:/multiple-fs.new"[OK]

show flash

Directory of flash:/

No space information available

I checked in Software Bug Toolkit ID CSCsq26410 but it seems not be able to help me because I dont use Stacking and my IOS is version 12.2(50)SE3 (cbs31x0-universal-mz.122-50.SE3.bin)

Is there any suggestion?

Thanks in advanced!

Hi,

Check command dir flash command to determine if there are any old exception crashinfo files that can be deleted or old images that are not in use.To free up space to write configuration into memory, issue the write memory command.

Hope to help !!

Ganesh.H

Thanks Ganesh but unfortunately that it doesn't work: I can't execute command dir flash: or dir flash1:

dir

dir flash
%Error opening flash:/flash (Invalid argument)

dir flash1:

Anyway, thanks alot again!

Dat

When you attempted to execute the "dir" command were you in enable mode (curser should be a "#" instead of a ">")?

Thanks Ganesh but unfortunately that it doesn't work: I can't execute command dir flash: or dir flash1:

dir

dir flash
%Error opening flash:/flash (Invalid argument)

dir flash1:

Anyway, thanks alot again!

Dat

Hi Dat,

If the router/switch has a bad Flash, it will not be able to download the Cisco IOS software image. If you issue the show flash command, it will not be able to recognize the Flash.

Check out the below link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_tech_note09186a0080169696.shtml

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate Helpful post

We've just had exactly the same error message with a member of our 4 switch Catalyst 3750-E stack. Running the "fsck" command resolved it for us.

Hope this helps.

hello sir

i have 2970G SWITCH and i want to delete flash with  switch: mod

but its not work properly

its created an error

File "flash:config.text" not deleted -- invalid argument

i hop you help me in this metter thnks

This fsck command resolved my issue,thanks

I had the exact issue on my 3750x Running version c3750e-universalk9-mz.152-4.E10 with a stack of 4, only switch 3 was fine and could only do a sh dir of flash3: only, I ran the FSCK on each switch and now everything works fine,  Thanks much Flaming Badger!!

Hi;

You can check below URL that refer to IOS bug issue :

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCsl06568/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

Do not forget to rate the post

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card