Views
Helpful
Replies

NX-OS 6.2 or 6.1

Mr Brightside
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Just received a couple of Nexus 7Ks, need to update the OS on them.

Kind of interested in which OS would be the best fit, saw release notes that for new deployments they recommend latest release of 6.1, although from o ther sources I read that F2E linecards are better handled by 6.2, whihc is kind of true as I dont see them listed as f2e under "limit-resource module-type" (there is only f2) while running 6.1.4a. So planning on latest 6.2 in production, wondering if that is a good call.

2 Replies 2

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is a lot of restrictions for different cards and routing on nexus. We had to go to 6.2.2  to do what we needed .  I would say go to 6.2 just to make certain functions easier.

For the F2E cards it depends if you are running them in the same VDC as M cards. The data sheet for the F2E card still states that:

"When deploying the Cisco Nexus 7000 F2e-Series Fiber Module in a VDC  together with the Cisco Nexus 7000 M-Series modules, the Cisco Nexus  7000 F2e-Series Fiber Module will run in Layer 2-only mode, delegating  all Layer 3 capabilities to the Cisco Nexus 7000 M-Series modules  present in the VDC. The initial software release does not support this  capability. "

If you have dual sups installed then you can leverage ISSU to upgrade your code without causing a production major outage in order to find the version of code that suits your business needs

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card