Views
Helpful
Replies

NX-OS: Redistribute static to OSPF

craig.juhas
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I'm a bit new to the Nexus switches and I'm trying to do something which I've done in the past without problems.

I want to restrict what static routes are redistributed into OSPF. Now looking at the commands under the OSPF instance they look the same. Also creating the route-map is pretty much the same. However, I seem to run into a problem creating the ACL! All I want is a standard ACL listing the subnets that I want to redistribute but when I don't have the option of Standard or Extended. Infact when I create an ACL it is an Extended one with requiring a source AND destination. When looking online I can find documentation which shows a command of 'access-list route aclist 10 permit 10.1.2.4/24'. If I try to reproduce this command I fail and it appears to be because of the limited commands I have for access-list. If I type 'access-list ?' I get only one subcommand 'cleanup-unused-policies'.

Please tell me what I'm missing!

1 Reply 1

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Craig,

With NX-OS, you cannot use ACL in route-map for redistribution.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/4_1/nx-os/unicast/configuration/guide/l3_rpm.html#wp1071235

You can use ACLs in a route map for policy-based routing only

You can try prefix list.

HTH,

jerry

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card