Views
Helpful
Replies

NX-OS: Redistribute static to OSPF

craig.juhas
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I'm a bit new to the Nexus switches and I'm trying to do something which I've done in the past without problems.

I want to restrict what static routes are redistributed into OSPF. Now looking at the commands under the OSPF instance they look the same. Also creating the route-map is pretty much the same. However, I seem to run into a problem creating the ACL! All I want is a standard ACL listing the subnets that I want to redistribute but when I don't have the option of Standard or Extended. Infact when I create an ACL it is an Extended one with requiring a source AND destination. When looking online I can find documentation which shows a command of 'access-list route aclist 10 permit 10.1.2.4/24'. If I try to reproduce this command I fail and it appears to be because of the limited commands I have for access-list. If I type 'access-list ?' I get only one subcommand 'cleanup-unused-policies'.

Please tell me what I'm missing!

1 Reply 1

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Craig,

With NX-OS, you cannot use ACL in route-map for redistribution.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/4_1/nx-os/unicast/configuration/guide/l3_rpm.html#wp1071235

You can use ACLs in a route map for policy-based routing only

You can try prefix list.

HTH,

jerry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card