Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NX7000 Adding Mem

Hi,

I need to know what the proper procedure to updgrade the Mem on the NX-7K is. I read some posts that I will need to issue the out-of-service module n command on the module which I am planning on installing a new 4GB module to; however, on the Cisco doc list belwo it doesn't mention using this command. I was wondering as to which way is the proper way to add memory to the SUP module?          

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/hw/nexus7000/installation/guide/n7k_replacing.html#wp1271902

Thanks in advance, ~sK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

NX7000 Adding Mem

Hi,

You don't have to issue the "out-of-service module" command.  Simply take the Sup out, add the memory and put it back in.  After the boot, the Sup should now see the additional memory.

HTH

4 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

NX7000 Adding Mem

Hi,

You don't have to issue the "out-of-service module" command.  Simply take the Sup out, add the memory and put it back in.  After the boot, the Sup should now see the additional memory.

HTH

NX7000 Adding Mem

Thanks for the reponse, Reza!

Much appreciated.

Best, ~sK

VIP Super Bronze

NX7000 Adding Mem

Thanks for the rating

Good Luck

NX7000 Adding Mem

Another quick question, if I already assigned an IP address to mgmt0 on SUP1 and connected it to the network, is there another mgmt int for SUP2 to assign an IP address to?

Thanks in advance, ~sK 

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content