Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Odd 2507 Console port problem, need ideas

I recently purchased an old 2507 off ebay while I work on CCNP. It was dirt cheap and came configured with who-knows-what. The problem is I have a rj45-db9 rollover cable that I use to connect to and configure my 2514's and it works fine. On the 2507 however, I cannot see anything from the console port. I can still issue commands though which is wierd. I know I can issue commands because I was able to plug into the aux port and observe my changes. It not a huge problem because now I have an IP on the ethernet interface so I can telnet all I want, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me why I can issue command through the console, but I never see any characters back at all...nothing nada zilch...and I know the console cable is good because it works on my 2514's. Any help would be wondeful.

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Odd 2507 Console port problem, need ideas

Do you have any unusual config on the console port? Or is it possible there is a bent pin?

-Eric

Please remember to rate all helpful posts.

no unusual config that im aware of. The only odd things i see on the line con is "transport input none". I turn it off but it comes back every time i reboot the router even after saving the config.

Purple

probably the config register is incorrect , usually should be set at 0x2102 . You should be able to see what it with a show version command i believe .

Views
Helpful
Replies