Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Office LAN Problem ????

Hi

Plz Chk the Network Diagarm attached for ur reference and Suggest solution

I am facing problem thai is OF LOOP.

This is our requriemt to connect real IP with private IPs.. becoz there is requirment.

PLz how can i deal this thing via use c-2950.. shoul use Spaning tree or VTP .. kindly Suggest

waiting for ur response.

Thanks and Regards

1 REPLY

Re: Office LAN Problem ????

You are getting switching loops because you have connected the 2950 back to itself in a couple of places.

In order to translate internal addressess to external you need a device that can perform Network Address Translation, I would suspect this would be your proxy-server.

The 2950 switch is not capable of Layer 3 Routing operations, so if you want to route between your three VLAN's you will need some other device to do so.

What I would suspect you want to do is connect one of your D-link switches to the CPE Internet device, then connect the "Outside" interface of your Proxy-Server to the the D-Link , and the "Inside" interface to the 2950 in VLAN2. All devices with Real-IP addresses should be connected to this D-link switch. DO NOT give the switch an internet address.

Connect another port on the 2950 VLAN2 to the remainder of your Office LAN.

If possible, install a third interface in your Proxy-Server, and connect this to the 2950 in VLAN3, and connect all your Private-Network devices to the 2950 in VLAN3.

In this scenario, the Proxy-Server is acting as a firewall, protecting the "Inside" network and the "DMZ" (VLAN3) from the internet on the "Outside". If it cannot provide this finctionality, then you should really get a device that can.

* please rate post if helpful *

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content