cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Office Set-up 5505-2960-IPPhone

Evan Becker
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys, I had a question about a certain set-up that is coming up. We have a small office going live soon and the set-up is as follows. Our network connection coming in will be linked to a Cisco ASA5505 that will serve as a DHCP client for 2 VLAN's.This will link to a 2960 which will feed Avaya IP Phones and computers on the same link. My question is, is it possible to have 2 DHCP sets on the ASA that serve each VLAN. If so, what is the set-up to do that. Also, on the switch side, what is the set-up for each link? Obviousley they need to be trunking but what else? Thank you so much for your help.

ASA-----------Switch-----------IPPhone--------Computer.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes it is possible. A network engineer will take care of all the details involved.

Thanks. I guess for more detail this is what i am trying to do.

ASA will have 2 DHCP ranges, 10.2.25.x - x, and 10.2.27.x - x. This ASA will link to a 2960 switch and off of each port will be an Avaya IP phone and a computer. Computers get the 25 range and phones get the 27 range.

Correct. Don't forget an IP range for your switch and firewall management.

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Usually, your voice vlan is different then your data vlan.  So, yes, you need two different vlans with 2 different DHCP scopes. And yes, the switch will have a trunk link to the ASA.  You also need a management vlan/ip to manage the switch.

HTH

My question is, is this correct?

interface Vlan1

description PRIVATE Side

nameif clients

security-level 100

ip address 10.2.27.x 255.255.255.0

!

interface Vlan3

description PRIVATE Side

nameif phone

security-level 100

ip address 10.2.25.x 255.255.255.0

dhcpd address 10.2.27.x-10.2.27.x clients

dhcpd enable inside

dhcpd address 10.2.25.x-10.2.25.x phone

Now I set the ethernet 0/1 on the ASA to trunking and it should trunk both of these VLAN's? What do i do on the switch for configuration other than setting the uplink as a trunk? Do I need to do any native vlan config? Do i set all trunks on the switch as trunks then? How do the computers know which address to pull?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card