Views
Helpful
Replies

Office to office connectivity solution

kamlesh.sharma
Level 3
Level 3

Hi guys,

We have two offices in same location withing 120 mt distance. both the location is having already established network router and switches. i need to connect both the offices. could you please suggest me solution for this. we need to extend the network at layer2 and other office will have access to internet and local servers and bandwidth requirement 1 Mbps.

thanks

5 Replies 5

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

As metioned by that the locations are already having the network i would suggest you to pull a fiber cable and connect the switches at the each end.If they are the part of the same network define the ports which we r using for connections as trunk ports.

Thanks

Mahmood

thanks for reply mohmood.

building distance is 120 mt however Main street is there between the building. how to pull cable in this situation.

thanks

Hi

Is excavation is not possible.Orelse you can pull the cable as how telephone guys do it.

Thanks

Mahmood

thanks mahmood

than we need to have Gbic port in both the end switch can be there a different solution like wireless which actually can connect the existing one without downtime.

thanks

Hi

Ofcourse u can go for wirless.For this u need to have two wireless point-to-point access points.u can connect each of the wireless access point in the respective switches at the each end.

Thanks

Mahmood

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco