Views
Helpful
Replies

OID for reload via SNMP ?

tandlauer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to test the possibility to reload devices via SNMP for new switches like 2960, 3560 and so on.

I know that the command "snmp-server system-shutdown" has to be configured, then I need to send the set query to the device via SNMP.

I have found on the net the OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.9.9.0 but it belongs to an old MIB and doesn't seem to work with new switch models.

Is there someone who knows what OID to use ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Thomas

6 Replies 6

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

tandlauer wrote:

Hello,

I would like to test the possibility to reload devices via SNMP for new switches like 2960, 3560 and so on.

I know that the command "snmp-server system-shutdown" has to be configured, then I need to send the set query to the device via SNMP.

I have found on the net the OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.9.9.0 but it belongs to an old MIB and doesn't seem to work with new switch models.

Is there someone who knows what OID to use ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Thomas

Hello Thomas,

Normally you need to append a "0" on this OID if you are testing this OID via a simple snmpget queries.

snmpget -Os -v1 -c 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.2.0

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh

Hello Ganesh,

Thanks for your reply however it is not what I would like to do.

The OID you gave (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.2.0) corresponds if I'm not wrong to a "whyReload" string. Moreover it belongs to OLD Mib which doesn't seem to work on new switches too.

I would like to know the new OID usable in write mode to reload the switch.

Thomas

tandlauer wrote:

Hello Ganesh,

Thanks for your reply however it is not what I would like to do.

The OID you gave (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.2.0) corresponds if I'm not wrong to a "whyReload" string. Moreover it belongs to OLD Mib which doesn't seem to work on new switches too.

I would like to know the new OID usable in write mode to reload the switch.

Thomas

Check out the below link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_q_and_a_item09186a00800c263d.shtml#qa4

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh

Thanks Ganesh.

I have already tried the method explained in your link, but I get an "invalid OID" response. This OID belongs to the MIB

OLD-CISCO-TS-MIB

To my mind this OLD-CISCO-TS-MIB is not supported anymore on new switches, and I would like to know the new OID to use.

Or maybe I did wrong and it works ? Has someone managed to reload a 2960 for example via SNMP ?

Regards

Thomas

I am having the same issue. The OLD-CISCO-TS-MIB is unsupported on IOS-XE devices and I am unable to get the new MIB for IOS-XE. Where you able to get a solution of this issue from Cisco ?

Thanks Ganesh!!!

From the link above you gave, I got the following:

./snmpset 10.16.99.55 private .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.9.9.0 i 2

and used it to reload my 2960S switch.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card