cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

on a 3925 ISR is it possible to copy files between its flash and the Etherswitch Module's flash?

I am trying to research the possiblity of backing up IOS and configurations from an Etherswitch module, and being able to store the files onto the Host Router's flash (3925 ISR). and then being able to recover that IOS and configuration, in case I have to replace the Etherswitch Module. I was unable to find documentation and I need some help. Thank you.

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can copy the ios and the config file into a tftp server.  Once you replaced the Etherswitch module, you can than download the ios and config into the switch.

HTH

Thank you for your help.

ROBERTO TACCON
Level 4
Level 4

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps233/products_tech_note09186a00800a6744.shtml#copying_one_router

Router1(config)#tftp-server flash:/c2500-js-l.122-10b !--- This command configures the router as a TFTP server.

To enable FTP server in Cisco IOS, use the "ftp-server enable" configuration command

followed by the "ftp-server topdir flash:/syslogd.dir" directory command which specifies the top-level FTP directory (for example, substituting "flash:/syslogd.dir" for the top level directory to which you wish to grant FTP access).

To authenticate FTP users, define local usernames with the "username user password password" configuration command.

Thank you also for your help. I will be testing these very soon and will reply and let you guys know how it worked out.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card