Views
Helpful
Replies

one Vlan creating problem

manoj.jain
Level 1
Level 1

hii to all..

I m using cisco 8540 CSR and 4003 switch ..

according to department i created vlan ..and that was working very fine from last couple of year....but yesterday i m getting very strang problem..

only one vlan is not working properly in that vlan when i changed the IP of PC in same vlan group......then its working..

that problem came in all the pc which is attach to the vlan ..pls guide me what is the problem and how to resolve that.

with thanks

5 Replies 5

smothuku
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Manoj ,

Pl paste the config of the devices...

& mention which vlan is creating problem in your network...

Thanks,

satish

ok

but which type problem is coming

Hii

The problem is that afffected Vlan PC not pinging and they are not able to communicate with the network printer and other pc also..

but when i change the ip address of that pc in same vlan, they work for some time...but after that same problem apear..

(ii) The configration of both the Core Switch and workgroup switch ..not altered from last four years..even i checked that complite.

& when i ping that PC from my coreswitch 8540 , its give me time extended message..But when i ping the gateway of Vlan its working fine...but problem in PC & printer.

check the gateway configured on PC and printer...

which vlan you have created and what type of routing you have configured to reach printer on core switch.

Thanks,

Satish

Dear

can you change switchport acess vlan for the same printer and pc and try again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: