cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

One way Ping issue

KPaliwoda
Level 1
Level 1

I am having some trouble with the ping command on a 2950 switch. I have 2 laptops, IP 192.168.0.4 and .5 connected to ports 2 and 3 on the switch. The switch is 192.168.0.2 and is connected via port 1 to a 3500 series router, IP 192.168.0.1. I can ping from the laptops to the switch and the router via command prompt. I can not ping the laptops from the switch or router.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do now? I've already changed out each device with another, and it is the same issue replicated each time.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Kristina

Based on your description of the symptoms my first guess would be that the PCs are running a firewall and that the firewall is not permitting ping to the PC. Can you check on the PCs and verify whether they are running firewalls or not?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Kristina

Based on your description of the symptoms my first guess would be that the PCs are running a firewall and that the firewall is not permitting ping to the PC. Can you check on the PCs and verify whether they are running firewalls or not?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Pwned by Windows firewall.

Didn't think to check that since we usually use Server instead of Client versions of Windows. Thank you so much!

Kristina

I am glad that my suggestion was helpful. Thank you for using the rating system to indicate that your issue was resolved (and thanks for the rating). It makes the forum more useful when people can read about an issue and can know that they will read a suggestion that resolved the issue.

I encourage you to continue your participation in the forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card