cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Oops, wrong image.

Frank Hoeben
Level 1
Level 1

I accidentally loaded a wrong image into a SOHO 91.

How do I recover?

In many other routers there's a pre-boot environment where you can do this, but I haven't found it yet in the SOHO91.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, Below is the procedure to get into the rommon mode on SOHO 90 series routers

If break is enabled, go to Step 2. If break is disabled, turn the router off, wait 5 seconds, and turn it on again. Within 60 seconds, press the Break key. The terminal displays the ROM monitor prompt.

Step 2 Press break. The terminal displays the following prompt

rommon 2>

I hhope it will help u.

Thnx

Ninja

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

have you tried getting onto the console and loading the old ios using xmodem or tftp method ?

if not do check these links which can help you out..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps214/products_tech_note09186a0080110ed1.shtml

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a008015bfac.shtml

regds

The problem is, I can't get into rommon in the first place.

Maybe the SOHO91 doesn't have a rommon?

If I could get there, uploading a different image via TFTP would be easy.

The SOHO 90 series certaily has a ROMmon. Unless you changed your config register, you should be able to get into rommon mode by sending a break key (ctrl-break) during the reboot.

Can you describe what you did to get in rommon mode?

Hi, Below is the procedure to get into the rommon mode on SOHO 90 series routers

If break is enabled, go to Step 2. If break is disabled, turn the router off, wait 5 seconds, and turn it on again. Within 60 seconds, press the Break key. The terminal displays the ROM monitor prompt.

Step 2 Press break. The terminal displays the following prompt

rommon 2>

I hhope it will help u.

Thnx

Ninja

Thanks for confirming the existence of rommon in the SOHO91. This made me look a little further.

In the end the solution is always so simple...

In Teraterm the break signal isn't send with ctrl+break, or any other combination with the break key, but with ALT+B *doh!*.

Waiting for xmodem to finish right now.

ALT B or simply a dropdown from the top of the tera term window .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card