cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF Metric-Type question vs neighbor !! help !!

Karl Tremblay
Level 1
Level 1

Hello !!

Is it possible with OSPF  to advertise to a specific neighbor route that router originate it-self, with redistribution command, as metric-type 1  and for for all others neighbor metric-type 2 ?

Example,   I'm router and I have 2 ospf neighbors, I do redistribution of static and conneted routes into ospf area, So for those redistributed routes, I would like to send it in metric-type 1 for a neighbor  and metric-type 2 for the other ospf neighbor.... Is it possible ??

I would like you to say me yes...and how I could do it !! ,   but since every ospf neighbor in the same area shared the same ospf database...I I think it's not possible.....but this give me an issue....  :/

If it's possible let me know how please !!!

Thanks,

Karl Tremblay

1 Reply 1

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Karl,

If I understand you correctly, you want to redistribute a route into OSPF so that on a particular neighbor, it is installed as Type-1, and on all other neighbors, it is installed as Type-2. Correct?

If this is what you want to achieve then sadly, this is not possible. This is the result of how OSPF floods LSAs.

Perhaps you can explain in better detail what is your goal and why do you need it. Maybe we can find a different solution that meets your needs.

Best regards,

Peter

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card