Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

OSPF NSSA-TSA or TSA

If I say that an area should not have inter area routes and no external OSPF routes then in that case type 7 LSA should also not be allowed along with 3,4,5 ( defaullt route exempted). What kind of area should I configure?

thnx

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: OSPF NSSA-TSA or TSA

Hi Sanjay,

You should configure stub area. This will not allow inter area and external routes.

Type LSA 7 are also a type of external routes which comes into picture when you cofigure NSSA.

HTH

Ankur

Silver

i think more than a stub you will need a totally stub area which will propogate only a default route and block type 3/4/5/7 updates in the area

Hi,

Thanks for ur replies ! I wanted to be sure. My task says "no external routes" but the solution given was nssa-tsa. Which I suppose does not block type 7 ( ie. external)SO it has to be TSA

thnx

to continue my last request I have another one which has got me foxed !

I have three areas in ospf 0 1 & 2 .2 is connected to 1 and which in turn is connected to are 0.

in this case we require a virtual link. But because area 2 is a stub area we cannot do that I have configured a tunnel interface with the tunnel destination to opposite routers. But routes are not being propogated to area 2 or to area 0 via area 1.

What are the common problems I may look for in this case? the tunnel interface is up. I an ping to area 0 from the ABR in are 2.

thnx.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content