Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

OSPF trap appears to have wrong OID - IOS 12.2

Hi,

I have notoiced that some of our devices are generating OSPF traps with what appears to be the wrong OID, and as a consequence it is not coming through formatted properly.

We have a few CAT 4500 devices running IOS 12.2, and these devices are sending OSPF traps with the following OID:

We have other devices, of various models, running IOS 12.4, and they send the OSPF traps with the following OID:

The MIB definition I use, has the .1.3.6.1.2.1.14.16.2.0.2 definition, ie the extra 2 in it.

I am wondering if it has been corrected in a later IOS version, and therefore I am going to have to upgrade the IOS version to correct this? Or, is there something else I am missing?

Regards

Jeff

1 REPLY

Re: OSPF trap appears to have wrong OID - IOS 12.2

Hi,

I have notoiced that some of our devices are generating OSPF traps with what appears to be the wrong OID, and as a consequence it is not coming through formatted properly.

We have a few CAT 4500 devices running IOS 12.2, and these devices are sending OSPF traps with the following OID:

We have other devices, of various models, running IOS 12.4, and they send the OSPF traps with the following OID:

The MIB definition I use, has the .1.3.6.1.2.1.14.16.2.0.2 definition, ie the extra 2 in it.

I am wondering if it has been corrected in a later IOS version, and therefore I am going to have to upgrade the IOS version to correct this? Or, is there something else I am missing?

Regards

Jef

Hi Jef,

Try with below mentioned MIB for OSPF traps

http://www.oidview.com/mibs/0/OSPF-TRAP-MIB.html

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Views
Helpful
Replies