Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF TSA no default route

dominic.caron
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

This is a campus network with a central core(6500), building aggregation (4500 sup6) and routed access(4500 sup6)

I'm trying split my network into different area, 1 area per building. Got a voip and user vrf in each building.

Problem,

My access switch are not receiving a default route. All intra area route are there. The area is configure as a TSA.

any Idea

4 Replies 4

Harold Ritter
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Bonjour Dominic,

You could start by looking at if the default route has been originated by the ABR by looking at the ABR's lsdb:

sh ip ospf database summary | incl

If it is in there, run the same command on the access switch and post the output.

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Routes are in the database, but not in the routing table.

Funny thing...route are ok in the global routing table (used for management). On my user and voip vrf, all router think they are ABR...but there is only 1 area configured

Connected to MPLS VPN Superbackbone, VRF voip

It is an area border router

Dominic,

You mean the route is also in the LSDB of the access router. Can you provide the output for show ip ospf data summary.

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Dominic,

I had overlooked the fact that this is a vrf-lite configuration.

Try configuring "capability vrf-lite" under router ospf for the specific vrf on the access router. The down bit is set by the ABR in a VRF context and will therefore not be installed in the RIB by default. This command will cause the down bit to be ignored.

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card