Views
Helpful
Replies

output of "show log" command shows week and days instead of date and time

donnie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

When i do a show log on my cisco2960 switch, each log statement shows week and days eg 13w3d instead of actual date and time, how can i set it so that it shows date and time when i do a "show log". TIA!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can use in global config:

service timestamps log datetime localtime

It won't fix your current entries, but new entries would show correctly. It could also be that logging has simply stopped and hasn't logged anything since that day. If you are seeing 13 weeks, that means that entry was placed in the log 13 weeks ago. If that was the last entry, you may want to see if you can get it to log anything at all. Try changing something in the config and then exit out of config mode.

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can use in global config:

service timestamps log datetime localtime

It won't fix your current entries, but new entries would show correctly. It could also be that logging has simply stopped and hasn't logged anything since that day. If you are seeing 13 weeks, that means that entry was placed in the log 13 weeks ago. If that was the last entry, you may want to see if you can get it to log anything at all. Try changing something in the config and then exit out of config mode.

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card