Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Drop after 50 mins

nehal_akther
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a variant server which is used in oncology and radiology department of my hospital. I have a strange problem that after they work for an hour there is packet drop and there work is lost and they have to do from starting as it is real time work.

When the server and the work station was connected to the same switch, there was no issue but after connecting to domain and putting the server behind the firewall, this pkt drop issue is coming.

Any Expert suggestion as everybody is blaming that this problem is from network.

Regards,

Nehal

CCSP,CCNP,AIS,Qualys Certified.

7 Replies 7

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I have a variant server which is used in oncology and radiology department of my hospital. I have a strange problem that after they work for an hour there is packet drop and there work is lost and they have to do from starting as it is real time work.

When the server and the work station was connected to the same switch, there was no issue but after connecting to domain and putting the server behind the firewall, this pkt drop issue is coming.

Any Expert suggestion as everybody is blaming that this problem is from network.

Regards,

Nehal

CCSP,CCNP,AIS,Qualys Certified.

Nehal,

In order to troubleshoot the above problem what is the model of firewall and are you sure that problem is happening only when you put behind the firewall,If yes then have you checked any logs at the time of problem any block packet for that server.

And also to isolate the issue can make a setup one behind the firewall and one witout the firewall to find where is the problem.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Hi Ganesh,

We are using fwsm in 6500.

today i connected my server to my distribution switch and the client are connected directly to the access switch who can access the server without fwsm in the middle but still the problem exist.

Nehal

Hi Ganesh,

We are using fwsm in 6500.

today i connected my server to my distribution switch and the client are connected directly to the access switch who can access the server without fwsm in the middle but still the problem exist.

Nehal

Nehal,

That confirms firewall is not having any problem then you need to see the logs in server at the time of problem what can be the issue and if possible try to span the server port in switch and capture the log and see what is the error message is coming at the time of problem.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

For the log, the system says that if not giving any specific problem. Should i reload the switch, will this help me and on doing extended ping with server ip address with the size of 10000 its failing, but with less its pinging fine.

Nehal

For the log, the system says that if not giving any specific problem. Should i reload the switch, will this help me and on doing extended ping with server ip address with the size of 10000 its failing, but with less its pinging fine.

Nehal

Nehal,

What is the switch model and version ? and have you captured the server port at the time of problem to see what ethereal logs says about the problem.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

The model at the server end is 6506 and the model at the client end is 3750G48PS-S. The packet capturing still i have not done infact i have never done it before. There are many server connected to this data center switch(6500). Can u please provide me the steps.

Nehal

The model at the server end is 6506 and the model at the client end is 3750G48PS-S. The packet capturing still i have not done infact i have never done it before. There are many server connected to this data center switch(6500). Can u please provide me the steps.

Nehal

Check out the below link for span configuration in different switches

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a008015c612.shtml#charac_source

Hope to help !!

Ganesh.H

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco