cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Loss - High ping times

psahr
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 871. When hooked up I get intermittent packet loss or high ping times (100ms average).

I changed cable modems, wires, switches, everything and still had the problem. I then went and switched the 871 out with a linksys 4 port router and everything runs perfectly.

I called Cisco and they sent me a new router thinking that it was just faulty. I recieved the new router and only setup inside and outside connections on it. No firewall, nothing. I'm having the same problem with this router as well.

I called Cisco back and someone logged into my router (with my permission of course) and said that everything is setup correctly and shouldn't be having these problems.

Does anyone know what could be the cause of this?

Thanks for the help.

1 Reply 1

hoogen_82
Level 4
Level 4

Could you post the show-tech from your Cisco router. And also do briefly explain ur scenario.

Just to eliminate all causes just plu ur laptop directly to ur cisco router using a cross cable and try pinging.

But do explain what r u pinging too, from what it looks i guess ur pinging ur router interface. Just add more insight.

Cheers

Hoogen

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card