Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Pair of Nexus 7010 - Randomly drop packets for certain SRC/DST IP when create new VLAN

Infrastructure:

We have a pair of NEXUS 7010, version 6.0(2), in a hybrid enviroment, connect to VPC and non-VPC access switches.

We use VTP version 2, I have checked carefully on every switches , they run the same version, same domain with same password.

Action:

We tried to creat a vlan by issuing  command "vlan name" on 1 of the Nexus 7010

Problems:

Right after the vlan command entered:

- From syslog server I received this on ALL port channels

%ETHPORT-3-IF_ERROR_VLANS_SUSPENDED: VLANs 63 on Interface port-channel9 are being suspended. (Reason: Vlan is not allowed on Peer-link)

- The new VLAN I just created is not populated on the 2nd Nexus or the rest of the switches

- The whole network randomly drop connections by Source/Destination IP address. Not every workstations lost network connections.

For example: We have a subnet that has 200 computers, about 70 of them lost connectivity as soon as I created the VLAN. You can’t even ping SOME of them from the same layer2 subnet. All those 70 didn’t respond to ping from a difference VLAN.

- I tried to restart Secondary VPC – Nexus 1, that brought back about 30 of the workstations. I can ping them from same vlan and difference vlans

- I then restarted Primary VPC – NEXUS 2, brought all workstations back online.

- This happened to multiple VLAN and subnet with multiple computers , not just 1 VLAN above.

Please advise.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Everyone's tags (6)
1 REPLY

Pair of Nexus 7010 - Randomly drop packets for certain SRC/DST I

Have u got resolution.. we are struggling with similar issue and working hard to get rid of it.. pl. share if u get something useful..

Views
Helpful
Replies