Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Password length restriction IOS 12.2(53)SE vs 12.2(46)SE

Hi all!

I'm wondering about a little issue configuring passwords with more than 25 chars using (by example) a WS-C2960-48TC-L with 12.2(55)SE.

In the configuration guide for 12.2(55)SE, (in the troubleshooting chapter), I can read that password can have from 1 to 25 characters. So it's ok, I can't configure a longer password with these version.

But I can configure a longer password using, by example, IOS version 12.2(46)SE with a WS-C2960-8TC-S, and I can see the same password length restriction in the configuration guide for 12.2(46)SE.

So, I don't know how accurate is the information in the configuration guide, and what i need is know to which IOS version I can upgrade the WS-C2960-48TC-L for configure longer paswords (if possible). Or, if anybody knows, if the lenght restriction is due to hardware limitations...

Within a few hours, I will try to test a WS-C2960-48TC-L with IOS 12.2(46)SE and try to configure a longer password, and I will post the results.

Thanks to all!

Regards,

Sergio.

2 Replies 2

Hi all!

Update. I have done a test downgrading a WS-C2960-24TC-L to 12.2(46)SE and I have successfully configured longer passwords than 25 chars.

With same switch running 12.2(55)SE I can't configure passwords greater than 25 chars.

Thanks to all.

Regards,

Sergio.

Youcan bug scrab the iOS or check the Cisco website release notes

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card