Views
Helpful
Replies

PBR on 3550 as router

Jesse Hottle
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to setup PBR based on source addresses for prefered path routing. I can setup a route-map, but my Cisco 3550 will not let me apply the route map to any interface (port, or vlan). I have my 3550 running OSPF on three non-switchport interfaces. All this works fine, but I need to direct traffic from speficied source addresses out in/out one speficic direction.

Any ideas?

Thanks,,

1 Reply 1

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PBR Configuration Guidelines

Before configuring PBR, you should be aware of this information:

•To use PBR, you must have the IP services image installed on your switch.

•Multicast traffic is not policy-routed. PBR applies to only to unicast traffic.

•You can enable PBR on a routed port, an SVI, or an EtherChannel port channel in Layer 3 mode.

•You can define a maximum of 247 IP policy route-maps on the switch.

•VRF and PBR are mutually-exclusive on a switch interface. You cannot enable VRF when PBR is enabled on an interface. In contrast, you cannot enable PBR when VRF is enabled on an interface.

•WCCP and PBR are mutually-exclusive on a switch interface. You cannot enable WCCP when PBR is enabled on an interface. In contrast, you cannot enable PBR when WCCP is enabled on an interface.

•The number of TCAM entries used by PBR depends on the route-map itself, the ACLs used, and the order of the ACLs and route-map entries.

•You must modify the SDM template to enable the switch to support the 144-bit Layer 3 TCAM. Use the sdm prefer extended-match, sdm prefer access extended-match, or the sdm prefer routing extended-match global configuration commands to reformat the TCAM space allocated to unicast routing in the default, access, or routing template, respectively. Reformatting the unicast routing TCAM reduces by half the number of supported unicast routes in the template.

See the "Optimizing System Resources for User-Selected Features" section on page 6-26 and the "Displaying ACL Resource Usage and Configuration Problems" section on page 29-42 for more information about managing the memory resources in the switch.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3550/software/release/12.2_44_se/configuration/guide/swiprout.html#wp1260554

HTH,

__

Edison.

Please rate helpful posts

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card