Views
Helpful
Replies

PBR / VRF-lite / 6500 SUP720-10G-3C

Surya ARBY
Level 4
Level 4

Hello.

I have to make a config with PBR in a VRF, PBR tied to an IP SLA sensor also ran into the same VRF, is there any restriction regarding this on this supervisor ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It is supported

BTW, your IOS is at least 7 years old.

VRF-Lite Aware PBR

Cisco IOS Software Release 12.2(33)SXH1 also introduces the VRF-Lite Aware Policy Based Routing (PBR) feature, which provides the ability to configure PBR on a VPN routing/forwarding instance. This feature allows users to configure VRF on an ingress interface (VRF-Lite) and apply PBR using the Cisco Express Forwarding table for that VRF. VRF-Lite Aware PBR is supported on all Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 720, Cisco Catalyst 6500 Supervisor Engine 32, and ME-6524 products.
link:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-6500-series-switches/product_bulletin_cisco_catalyst_6500_virtual_switching_system_1440.html
HTH

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

What version of IOS are you running?

it's a 12.2(33)SXI. I don't know the exact release, I don't have access to the switch currently.

It is supported

BTW, your IOS is at least 7 years old.

VRF-Lite Aware PBR

Cisco IOS Software Release 12.2(33)SXH1 also introduces the VRF-Lite Aware Policy Based Routing (PBR) feature, which provides the ability to configure PBR on a VPN routing/forwarding instance. This feature allows users to configure VRF on an ingress interface (VRF-Lite) and apply PBR using the Cisco Express Forwarding table for that VRF. VRF-Lite Aware PBR is supported on all Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 720, Cisco Catalyst 6500 Supervisor Engine 32, and ME-6524 products.
link:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-6500-series-switches/product_bulletin_cisco_catalyst_6500_virtual_switching_system_1440.html
HTH

hehehe this is not MY ios but the one owned by the customer ;)

I see. Tell them it is time to upgrade :)

I deployed that image in 2007/2008

Thanks for the rating.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card