Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Please check 2960S setup

WS-C2960S-48FPD-L + SFP-10G-SR=        ----(fiber conn)     WS-C2960S-48FPD-L + SFP-10G-SR=

¦

¦ (RACK)

¦

WS-C2960S-24PD-L + SFP-10G-SR=          -----(fiber conn)     WS-C2960S-48TD-L + SFP-10G-SR=

So two switches in the rack are connected through fiber with switches in the factory through SFP-10G-SR.

No my pending question is how to connect the two switches in the rack with the cheapest solution at 10G also?

- Can I use 10G ethernetport?

- Add in both switches an additional SFP-10G-SR

- Add in both switches a WS-C2960S-STACK module?

I'm new to the 2960 range and I'm bit confused on what is now possible by default for 10Gbps connections.

Br,

-jd-

3 REPLIES
Green

Please check 2960S setup

Hi,JD,

Basically you only have 2 options

1) Keep the 2960S in the rack is seperate entities and uplink together with either copper up to 1G, fibre upto 10G but you will need SFP-10G-SR=

2) Stacking with FLEXSTACK but as you daid you need the modules. Remember stacking wil turn your 2 switches in to a single entity.

this link may be of use

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/white_paper_c11-578928.html

HTH

Alex

Please rate useful posts

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Please check 2960S setup

Haven't you still got a spare 10G slot in each of your switches? Have you looked at the twinax cable? Would have thought it may be your cheapest option. Stacking is probably the neatest, but the twin ax cables are pretty cheap:

SFP-H10GB-CU1M

Comes with cable complete with SFP module at each end for peanuts compared to the alternative.

Please check 2960S setup

Can you use the SFP-H10GB-CU1M to connect (not stack) two 2960S (WS-C2960S-48FPD-L)?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content