Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Please help here!!PBR or NAT or SLB???

Hello

I have a switch(6500) with 2 vlans(2 SUBNETS) and from the other side of my network i have 2 terminal servers.

I want to have a VIP in my 6500 switch which i have the 2 vlans and when the first vlan(network) try to connect to the VIP

my switch will forward to first terminal.When the second vlan try to connect to VIP the switch will forward to second terminal.

I'd like the switch to decide in wich terminal server will forwared the packet based on source network.

I am not sure how i can do this???I use VIP with SLB???I use NAT???PBR???

Anyone can help here???

Thank you for your time.

4 REPLIES

Thank you for the reply.

I have try to find an example for SLB with source interface but nothing...

Any idea???

Regards

Re: Please help here!!PBR or NAT or SLB???

I do not understand ?

"I want to have a VIP in my 6500 switch which i have the 2 vlans and when the first vlan(network) try to connect to the VIP

my switch will forward to first terminal.When the second vlan try to connect to VIP the switch will forward to second terminal.

"

As I see it :

- you have a vlan ( server vlan ) where are located the Terminal Servers.

- The VIP will be part of the Server VLAN

- As the traffic from the 2 client vlans hit the VIP, the SLB  will load balance the traffic to the configured real-servers

You do not have to do anything on the source interface

Dan

Re: Please help here!!PBR or NAT or SLB???

No my friend.

I have 2 vlans(subnets) and lets say one more vlan that i have the 2  terminal servers.(Total 3 vlans)

I want from 1 vlan(subnet) the pc to connect to 1 terminal server and from 2 vlan(subnet) to connect

to 2 terminal server.And i want to do it with with VIP.I want the pc in both of vlan to make rdp in one common address.

Regards

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content