Views
Helpful
Replies

POE 3560 Switch Issue

muhammad.zubair
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i have a PoE 3560 Switch and another device working on PoE. when i plugged that to POE switch it is not going to work either switch POE is off or on.

IOS is 12.2 ipbase. Is IOS be the Issue ?

kindly share ur experince if anyone face that also

7 Replies 7

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

There is a POE bug associated with 3560 POE The Bug ID is CSCsc10999

Problem: Switch does not power PD when non-PD device previously plugged into port

The resolution is to upgrade the switch to atleast Upgrade to 12.2.25SED or higher.

Check whether your are running the affected IOS version and upgrade

HTH

Narayan

I just had the same problem. I thought it was a Bug as well so I updated the IOS and still had the same problem, but I do recommend checking the IOS for bugs and updating as needed. My issue ended up being that I had too many devices requiring POE and the switch did not have the capacity. If you can access the switch through a web interface that will show you if you are over the limit.

Mike

burleyman
Level 8
Level 8

Check the power by issuing the command show power inline and look at the first line where it says available, Used, and Remaining to make sure you have enough power. I have 24 devices connected and have 76% used and this is a 48 port switch so just a few more phones and I would be over the limit.

Mike

3560/3750 (none E versions) can supply only 370W of power.

The 48-port PoE configurations can deliver the necessary power to support 24 ports at

15.4W, 48 ports at 7.7W, or any combination in between.

Narayan

basically i have a radio device which is also a POE. i had power it up with its own POE.

when i plug that on POE switch its shows some conflictions and not connecting with that radio device.

when accessing through web POE is off on all ports.

thats the main issue i am facing

Can you post the output of show power inline

Also what is the power requirement for the radio device.

Also post show run

Mike

Sorry just re-read your question. I see you are saying that POE is no on....Do this and it should turn on the power for the port you want.

config t

int gix/x where x is the int number

power inline auto

than save

Mike

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card