cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

POE failed on NME-16ES-1G-P, need to configure

mmedwid
Level 3
Level 3

We are getting a replacement NME-16ES module shortly.  I don't see a console port on these pups.  Once installed - how can we add the configuration from the failed NME-16ES?  It's been a couple of years since I initiall set these up.  Thank you.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is module that gets inserted into a 2900, 3900, etc...  There is no console port.  You login to the router first, then from the router you session to the switch module.

HTH

View solution in original post

That is correct. Once you assign this IP then you can session to the switch module by using service-module GigabitEthernet 1/0 session

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is module that gets inserted into a 2900, 3900, etc...  There is no console port.  You login to the router first, then from the router you session to the switch module.

HTH

Ah yes - I recall that now.  Something like "service-module GigabitEthernet 1/0 session".  Thank you.

You got it.  Don't forget to assign an IP address first, if not it will not let you session in to the switch module.

I don't remember the exact interface, but you will know when you login.  As soon as you assign an IP to it the interface comes up.

HTH

So in this case - adding an IP to the Gig 1/0 - right?  e.g.

interface GigabitEthernet1/0

description Int to Access Service-Module

ip address 192.168.253.254 255.255.255.252

That is correct. Once you assign this IP then you can session to the switch module by using service-module GigabitEthernet 1/0 session

Again - thank you very much.

Good luck and thanks for the rating!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card