cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PoE loop on 2960x

spfister336
Level 2
Level 2

I've got about 30 locations using 2960x stacks as their access layer. Everything is going well for the most part, but I'm noticing this in the logs (one port on one switch, total of three ports out of all locations):

Oct  5 12:01:37: %ILPOWER-7-DETECT: Interface Gi5/0/45: Power Device detected: Cisco PD (hostname)
Oct  5 12:01:37: %ILPOWER-5-POWER_GRANTED: Interface Gi5/0/45: Power granted (hostname)
Oct  5 12:01:37: %ILPOWER-5-IEEE_DISCONNECT: Interface Gi5/0/45: PD removed (hostname)

Over and over, about every 10 seconds. As far as I can tell, the port never actually comes up and I'm not sure there is anything on those ports. I haven't made a trip out yet to check. I have the ports shut down for now. Anyone see anything like this?

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
What is the exact IOS version the stack is running on?

Stack is running IOS 15.2(2)E5

Austin Sabio
Level 4
Level 4

If there's nothing connected to this port, then check cisco bug search tool for related bugs# such as CSCvc67440. 

I hope this helps. Good luck! 

Hello

Possible faulty poe port - it can and does happen

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card