Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

PoE on IE-3000-4TC?

I am setting up the Cisco IE-3000-4TC with a PWR-IE65W-PC-AC= power supply connected to Power A feed. Switch is running IOS 15.0(2)EY2. Does this provide PoE on the 4 fast ethernet ports of the IE-3000-3TC or do I need the Cisco IEM-3000-4PC= expansion module?

If I need the expansion module do I also need another PWR-IE65W-PC-AC= power supply?

Everyone's tags (2)
5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

PoE on IE-3000-4TC?

I don't think IE swtiches can do PoE.

Cisco Employee

Hello, Yes IE switches can do

Hello,

Yes IE switches can do PoE.

You can choose either IE2000, IE3000 and or new switch the IE4000. Regarding the specific model to do PoE, it is referenced in their respective data sheets.

To Richard's Question - you will need to use one PSU per PoE Module - Yes.

Moriani, Thank you

Moriani,

Thank you

Cisco Employee

PoE on IE-3000-4TC?

For future reference, you will need to either use the following modules for the IE3000:

i. IEM-3000-4PC

ii. IEM-3000-4PC-4TC

and yes you will need to use a separate 65W power supply for the module.

For further details, please refer to page 2-23 in the hardware installation guide located here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/cisco_ie3000/hardware/installation/guide/ie3000_higr.pdf

A follow up question:If I

A follow up question:

If I have 2 of the IEM-3000-4PC modules, do I need 2 PWR-IE65W-PC-AC= or -DC= units?

Views
Helpful
Replies