cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

POE on the 3560

jimb
Level 1
Level 1

We got in several 3560 switches with POE. Is there any way to increase the available wattage on these switches? A more robust power supply or help from a backup power supply?

4 Replies 4

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

I dont think you can increase the wattage on these switches.

You can always use Cisco RPS 675 as a power supply backup though

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_data_sheet09186a0080150e31.html

HTH

Narayan

Great. So in order to get REAL POE on a 48 port switch with Cisco, I have to upgrade to the 3750? I think not.

Hello Nortel.

Std 3560 & 3750 can power up phones on all the 48 ports provided the phones are class 2 category(7.7W)

if you want 803.af on all the 48 ports, you need to procure 3560-E or the 3750-E which support 15.5w/port on all 48 ports simultaneously

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

Thanks Narayan, but I have no intention of paying that much money just to get a good switch with POE to the edge.

After 10 years I am now off of the Cisco bandwagon. Nortel has a stackable switch with full POE for half the price. Cisco is as bad as Microsoft now-a-days. I'm done recommending their gear.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: