cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

port 80 inbound

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all, we have a server here that needs to recieve information back on port 80, we have a one to many PAT setup on the firewall, if something needs to talk to this pc on port 80 directly does it need some kind of one to one nat, or a port forward setting up ?

5 Replies 5

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Carl,

If i understand your question correctly, i think you want to access your server on port 80 from outside i.e internet.

For this you will have to do a static NAT for the server to a public IP and access the server over the public IP on port 80

eg..

Server internal IP : - 172.16.100.1

server external IP: - 200.200.200.200

nat(outside,inside) 172.16.100.1 200.200.200.200

access-list acl_in permit tcp any host 200.200.200.200 eq 80

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

do i need another public address for this or can I use my one address I have and just port forward on port 80 to this server whilst still having internet access fro my other machines

Hi Carl

You are right.

The public ip address you would be using for this server should be different from the one you are using for PAT

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

Hi

No I meant to say that the public address will be the same, but I have done this at home with 1 ip, used pat for my pc's internet connection and port forwarding for my web server, is this ok

Carl,

you would be required to use 2 ip address one for pat and one for the web server

Narayan

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card