cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port blocking without ACL's?

alaskaopen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am using a Cisco 3750 switch that connects to Avaya phones and an Avaya call server. The problem I am having is that port 1720 does not seem to be going through the switch. But I don't have any kind of access-list applied at all. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

4 Replies 4

jcoke
Level 3
Level 3

Is it a simple topology e.g. the server and phones on the same VLAN? Can the server ping the phones? Use the switch's telnet client (with /source-interface) to try to open the socket on the server.

Same VLAN, we can use telnet and ping. The only thing that does not work is port 1720.

Then it sounds to me like the issue is your server. Are you sure there's not some host firewall on the thing?

TCP/1720 is H323 for the poster that asked.

neilobrien
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - What is supposed to be listening on this port??

If everything is on the same VLAN then there shouldn't be a problem if what ever is listening on port 1720 is in fact set up correctly.

However, if the phones and call server are on a voice VLAN (which is usually the case) you may not be able to get to the other vlan at all.

Hope that helps,

Neil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card